Not complaining but where's all the spam??

kenwyn 08:49 11 Feb 09

My ISP here in New Zealand has a built in spam filter, so very little reaches my inbox. Although its NZTelecom, its actually Yahoo -based, so you can check on their server in case any deleted spam is actually genuine mail.For the past few days the deleted (spam)items have numbered from zero to three per day - usually its up in the fifties to seventies. Is this a worldwide phenomenon? as I understand spam by its very nature spreads globally. If so , any theories as to why?

eedcam 09:09 11 Feb 09

Well Inever get much more than a couple a day and never double figuresand thats only in Hotmail .If you get ave 50/70 thats Pathetic some Isp that is

kenwyn 09:30 11 Feb 09

No eedacm, I think you misunderstand- the ISP BLOCKS 50 - 70 usually

Graphicool1 09:49 11 Feb 09

Yes it is a bit like the lull before the storm, perhaps there's a spam tsunami coming! Hold on to your hat, batton down the hatches, board up the windows. Or just turn it all off and walk away for a few weeks...no chance

eedcam 11:25 11 Feb 09

Afraid I did'nt misunderstand I dont get anything like that blocked.If I did I would be concerned as to how they got the address

Graphicool1 11:40 11 Feb 09

eedcam Hi your lucky then I guess you must either be a newbie or don't do much surfing?

cocteau48 11:51 11 Feb 09

Must say that my spam has virtually stopped as well(have probably put the kiss of death on that statement just by posting it!)
Never had any spam through my current ISP but still used to get about 5-a-day with my old Freeserve addy but over the past few weeks that has dropped to virtually nil.

Noldi 12:21 11 Feb 09

I had a lot of junk Monday morning when I tuned my computer on, most of it in French.

Noldi

Clapton is God 12:44 11 Feb 09

"... but where's all the spam??"

I'm probably getting yours as well as my own. ;-((

eedcam 19:00 11 Feb 09

Graphical Newbie posibly only round 10years .Do alot of surfing but perhaps not where you go

MAT ALAN 19:43 11 Feb 09

Don't get any!!!

Xp Home SP3,Firefox3,Outlook express 6, Sky B/B...

GUD INNIT....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…