Not complaining, But i have faster broadband.

jam500 18:40 31 May 07

I have just had sky tv installed and it needs to be connected to our phone line, I was worried that it might reduce my BT broadband speed as i have had a slow connection ever since i had it installed, And one of the questions that BT asked was "do i have sky on the same phone line". At the time i did not and sometimes i was not even getting much more than dial up speed and the fatest was no more than 1meg. Now i have just had sky tv installed i was worried that it might cause me more speed loss, But ever since they have connected it to the phone line i have been getting a costant speed of just under 2 meg. Is this a coincidence? Sorry for the long version but its been puzzling me and im very happy with the speed increase.

Jackcoms 18:42 31 May 07

"i have been getting a costant speed of just under 2 meg"

Measured how?

What speed are you actually subscribing to?

jam500 18:50 31 May 07

I use the speed test from Broadbandmax.co.uk and the speed i used to get was around 930kbps and now it is 2412kbps.

jam500 18:51 31 May 07

Sorry subscribing to the upto 4 meg BT service

from what i understand, the speed u subscribe to, divide it by 10 and that will be your download speed give or take

Jackcoms 19:55 31 May 07

"from what i understand, the speed u subscribe to, divide it by 10 and that will be your download speed give or take"

What?

Where on earth did you get that nonsense from?

I subscribe to 8Meg with Tiscali and regularly get 6.5 - 7 Meg.

Toffly 19:59 31 May 07

6 - 8mbps on adsl24 here, all the time :D

click here

Just run that now :D

Dipso 22:34 31 May 07

Do Sky hardwire the line from the box into your phone socket? I wonder if you had a dodgy filter and this has now been replaced.

jam500 19:46 01 Jun 07

Toffly, That site says that im getting speed down 6440.98 kbps 6.3mbps and 373.84 kbps 0.4mbps speed up.

Dipso, No sky just used a double adapter and put it in the filter, I did change the filter before on BT instructions and it made no difference.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5