Not able to connect to my Wireless Network

Allan RISC OS user 15:20 08 Jan 11
Answered

I have set up my router with a LAN and that is working fine, but I now wish to also have a Wireless LAN to connect to another computer which was on the LAN but now is in another part of the house. I have tried with my main computer to get a connection but after I have configured the router to Plusnet wireless and allow sites via registration all appears ok until I click on the wireless icon on the screen where Plusnet wireless is the only available site and it is reported as good signal etc., however, when I click connect the computer returns a message stating that Windows cannot connect, or it will ask for the security code and then refuse connection. I have tried the above with the LAN connected and disconnected.
I have tried all the suggestion from Windows 7 trouble shooter but nothing appears to be found. I assume that I have some setting incorrect on the computer, but if the Wired LAN is ok why not Wireless? Most of the screens shown on the various help sites do not seem to be the same as on my computer!! The OS I am using is Windows 7 Home 64bit. Any help would be appreciated.
I have installed a TP-link 54Mbps Wireless G USB Adapter to my other PC and that cannot connect either!!!! The screen shows TP -Link disconnected
I am really at a loss as to what to do. The second PC is Windows 7 Home 32 bit.
Help Please!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:15 08 Jan 11

Make / model of router

Assuming your ISP is Plusnet?

Your router will have a Wireless security code (WEP or WPA) WPA is the better.

Allan RISC OS user 16:23 08 Jan 11
Answer

Thomson SpeedTouch ST585 v 6
Yes Plusnet, but the router was one supplied by tiscali but I prefer the ease of seeing the LEDs on it to the one supplied by Plusnet. Security Mode: WPA-PSK Allow New Devices: New stations are allowed (via registration).Network Name (SSID): Plusnet wireless.
The Wired LAN is perfect!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac