Nortorn Ghost

Revi 16:24 20 Jan 03
  Revi 16:24 20 Jan 03

I have about 30 GB worth of material in my PC which I would like to copy and keep so that in case my PC crashes I don’t loose everything for good. Besides valuable programs, I have films, music, Emails and documents. I wanted to purchase Norton Ghost so that I could copy everything from my HDD into CDs and archive them. But a friend of mine who has experience in building PCs says Norton Ghost is no good. On the other hand I am tempted to buy it because I see plenty of shops selling it. Some advice please!

Sir Radfordin™ 16:30 20 Jan 03

Get your friend to qualify his statement and then make your choice. We used it at work on 50+ machines, and continue to do so without problems so it can't be that bad.

Diemmess 16:57 20 Jan 03

Ghost (for home operators like me) has been a solid life saver. ....... Reliable, stable, and simple. provided you follow the instruction "on the tin".

In fact I am depending on an image made today when I dared to fiddle with Windows. The fiddle is yet to prove worthwhile.

If not, I can put things back exactly as they were in under 15 minutes.

Revi 17:01 20 Jan 03

Thanks a lot for the encouragement.

BRYNIT 17:09 20 Jan 03

No problems with Ghost, eaasy to use.

fitfella29 17:15 20 Jan 03

thumbs up to ghost too.

Revi 17:40 20 Jan 03

Thanks a lot guys. I've decided to buy one.

I know that this thread has been marked as resolved, but I'd like to add my own endorsement for Norton Ghost. I added a second hard drive to my system several years ago and use Norton Ghost to copy my regular drive to my backup drive every day. Since then, my system has crashed 4 times; each time, I restored my Ghost backup with perfect results. Knowing what I know now, I would have paid triple the price (or more) for this kind of protection. Put your coat on now, drive to the store and buy it. Good luck -- Matt

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced