Nortons help!

Madronwell 17:22 11 Jun 05

Hi

I have run the weekly check on my pc and Nortons has picked up a threat - Adaware.BargainBuddy.
I tried to delete it only to be advised that delete has failed. I then checked the Symantec website and followed the removal; unfortunately, it appears not to have worked as I still have it on my pc. The only thing I did not do was deleting the value from the registry as I did not feel confident enough to give it a go!

Is there anything else I could do other than to do a complete reinstall of my pc?

I have Windows XP.

Cheers :)

kyprosman 17:25 11 Jun 05

Try deleting Tempory Internet Files then run a scan again. Andy

VoG II 17:25 11 Jun 05

click here

Ad-aware should remove this click here

Madronwell 18:14 11 Jun 05

Thank you both very much; shall give that a go.
Much appreciated :)

Madronwell 16:50 12 Jun 05

Hi

I have just ran Ad-aware on my pc; unfortunately, it did not pick up Bargain.buddy threat but it did highlight other spyware. I'm not sure where to go now other than do a clean install of the hard drive.

Cheers :)

Aimi

VoG II 17:03 12 Jun 05

Follow the instructions from Symantec to delete the value(s) from the registry. Backup the registry before you delete anything click here

stylehurst 17:05 12 Jun 05

In addition to Ad-aware try installing Spybot Search & Destroy plus Spywareblaster; both freeware. With those 3 you shhould catch & remove all spyware/adware.
I am of the opinion that these 3 programs used together are far better than any commercial offering

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…