Nortons firewall will not install upgraded to xp

jakbiker 14:28 03 Jun 05

Just upgraded from Me to Xp, Nortons systemworks installed ok but Nortons Personal Firewall 2005 which I uninstalled before the upgrade now sticks.I get the first screen which says "install" "browse" "exit" but when I click on install it vanishes and nothing happens. Tried "browse" thats ok but when I click on any of the set up icons it says I must start with the msi...Any clues what to do next. Thanks

Indigo 1 14:56 03 Jun 05

As you probably know XP is a very different system to ME. The firewall would need to be configured differently, try contacting Norton.

jakbiker 15:03 03 Jun 05

I get as far as putting the cd in the tray then it loads to the first screen thats as far as I have got....

Indigo 1 15:37 03 Jun 05

Sorry but you did say "which I uninstalled before the upgrade" are you now saying that you are using a new version ?

jakbiker 17:49 03 Jun 05

I uninstalled nortons systemworks and nortons personal firewall 2005. Then I upgraded from me to xp from an upgrade cd. Then I reinstalled the same systemworks ok seems ok with the antivirus working, then tried to instal the firewall. Using a belken wireless router..everything else is working ok.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…