saddler1962 22:51 26 Nov 05

Help.......just had problems with my nortons security and have to wipe it off and reinstall. trouble is my pc had preinstalled software and i havent got a disc. having only just paid the 12 month subscription I have the subscription number etc, but no nortons disc. Is there a site that i can d/load nortons and allow me to enter my subscription number so i can carry on. OR have i got to buy disc, if so have i lost my subscription???

Diodorus Siculus 23:10 26 Nov 05

Call it a day with Norton and take a few of the free options:

Avast AV from click here

Sygate Personal Firewall - click here

a few anti-spywares like AdAware, Spybot Search & Destroy and Spyware Blaster

rdave13 23:15 26 Nov 05

I'm afraid I agree with Diodorus Siculus and Avast is excellent(free version for home users).

Zone alarm is also a free firewall, microsoft anti spyware beta is another good free progran.

Norton who?

Diodorus Siculus 23:17 26 Nov 05

Rdave13 - don't be afraid about agreeing with me. Most reasonable people do ;-)

rdave13 23:19 26 Nov 05

I'm being unreasonable..I'm afraid ;)

saddler1962 19:18 27 Nov 05

Cheers gents. Are these 'true' free progs or trial versions where they later ask for payment

scareybus 19:29 27 Nov 05

Several other free trials are available click here
I am using the CA free 1 year trial. IMHO, it's better than Norton.

saddler1962 19:48 27 Nov 05

are u running the anti virus and firewall scareybus? will it conflict if i were to use differen brand firewall and anti virus.

driving man 20:22 27 Nov 05

perhaps this might help or at least lead you in the correct direction before doing what others have advised eg Avastclick here

Diodorus Siculus 22:25 27 Nov 05

Avast and the other I suggest are truly free - free now and there seems no reason to suggest that they might start to charge for them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…