Norton/Outlook

Gorillaz 16:57 06 Mar 05

Having solved the problem with the intrusion alert I am now stuck with another two problems. To send and email I have to disable the "hang up when finished with manual send and receive" option in tools/mail set up/dial up. According to Symantec if you disable the "scan outgoing messages for a virus" within NIS this should solve the problem but it does not. For some reason I cannot receive emails, I get the enevelope notifcation in the taks bar and then an error message. I am using XP pro service pack 2 plus the latest critical updates. For email I am using Outlook 2003.I am using exactly the same settings for Outlook on the laptop as I use for my desktop PC.

Gorillaz 21:07 06 Mar 05

I think I have narrowed the problem down to a Vodafone 3G mobile connect card that I have installed. I have uninstalled the software and although there are minor problems at least I can use Outlook. Is there anyone using the 3G card who has had this problem? I have checked on the Vodafone website but there is no forum to check for solutions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…