Norton/Outlook

Gorillaz 16:57 06 Mar 05

Having solved the problem with the intrusion alert I am now stuck with another two problems. To send and email I have to disable the "hang up when finished with manual send and receive" option in tools/mail set up/dial up. According to Symantec if you disable the "scan outgoing messages for a virus" within NIS this should solve the problem but it does not. For some reason I cannot receive emails, I get the enevelope notifcation in the taks bar and then an error message. I am using XP pro service pack 2 plus the latest critical updates. For email I am using Outlook 2003.I am using exactly the same settings for Outlook on the laptop as I use for my desktop PC.

Gorillaz 21:07 06 Mar 05

I think I have narrowed the problem down to a Vodafone 3G mobile connect card that I have installed. I have uninstalled the software and although there are minor problems at least I can use Outlook. Is there anyone using the 3G card who has had this problem? I have checked on the Vodafone website but there is no forum to check for solutions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…