Norton and XP

HKspike 12:43 02 Jan 03
  HKspike 12:43 02 Jan 03

The solution to this has got to be trivial but it's still eluding me. I'm running XP Home and NIS 2002. The issue is that I cannot get Live Update to run either thru NetDetect or thru setting up a scheduled task for Luall. XP's Scheduled Tasks reports "The scheduled task did not run because an incorrect password or user name was entered". OK this PC has only one user name set up and I choose not to use a password. Kinda hard to go wrong from there. Nor do I want an XP password. Furthermore, NAV regularly scans the PC for virii using the same scheduled task route and no password. So it can work without a password but NetDetect and Luall do not. This can't be a new problem; so help me out please guys and galls. Thanks, Andy

tran1 13:06 02 Jan 03

When live update runs, it trys to connect to the internet. You need to use your dial-up or Broadband username and password not your windows!

HKspike 13:47 02 Jan 03

tran1
I like the theory but either I'm missing the point or the practice doesn't hold out. First of all, XP does not seem to allow a change to the user name in the scheduled task Properties / Run As... field - it always reverts back - and even putting my broadband password in still fails.
Andy

cdb 15:23 02 Jan 03

in Norton Anti Virus? If so, it should run automatically when it wants to, after you have connected to the internet. It will then tell you when it has updated your system. I'm running the same set up as you and haven't had a problem yet. Do you have any problems connecting to the internet?

Newuser378 15:52 02 Jan 03

I had this problem, go to control panel, schedule tasks, highlight schedule tasks and delete them, after that re start computer and open norton and re set set schedule tasks, for live update leave it to default settings.

dh

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…