NORTON WORKS BEING BLOCKED!

jack 11:42 20 Aug 04

My Machine [ XP Pro] has been skittish of late.
all prog works ok, but with niggles.
HOt bar has installed itself, and wont go away despite all removal techinques ad my disposal including regedit.
MSN suddenly declared it self as my Home page
so I had to sort that.
Doing a scan with Norton disk Doctor and Win Doctor revealed all sorts of problems that
needed repair.
So I Ran them on to find a message in each case
sayin it could not run because another programs had hooked 32Sys.
I have End It All and ran that to shut every thing down.
I have rebooted,Ran Endit all and tried again
same result.
So I am thinking a nasty has got in - but which one?

jack 09:10 21 Aug 04

Doing a scan with Norton disk Doctor and Win Doctor revealed all sorts of problems that needed repair. So I Ran them on to find a message in each case saying it could not run because another program had hooked 32Sys. I have End It All and ran that to shut every thing down. I have rebooted,Ran End it all and tried again same result. So I removed all possible 'Lookin and check' progs like Reg cleaner and SpyVest.
But still Norton say some thing else is there
So I am thinking a nasty has got in - but which one?

johnnyrocker 09:25 21 Aug 04

any anti spyware on board?

johnny.

goonerbill © ® 10:04 21 Aug 04

have you updated windows lately. do you have windows update set on auto. look in add/remove programs to see what windows updates you have and see if any have SP2 in brackets at the end.

there are some problems with SP2 updates and some programs and will need a fix from the software vendor.

what version of systemworks do you have, 2004 on my pc runs ok and have most (80+ mb) of SP2 updates.

if your version of systemworks is earlier and you have any SP2 updates, have a look at nortons website to see if there is a fix.

sorry i can't be of more help.

jack 14:29 21 Aug 04

JohnnyRocker
Sinve you asked and I looked perchance I have too many!
Webgaurd,Mailwash,Webwipe.SybotSs&S[unreg]
Cyberscrub

But as I said 'End it All' really does shut it all down cept for protected items.
Leastways thats what the display says it does

stalion 14:31 21 Aug 04

run this it is free and does not install on your system click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…