Norton WMI update

phil.smith 13:43 03 Sep 04

I need to downlodd the Norton WMI update

Can I do this by downloading and saving on a broadband connected computer and then transfer via flash drive to my home computer which only has dialup network?

Thanks

Phil

ventanas 14:01 03 Sep 04

I believe it's only available through live update. I had no problems with it on dialup though. Took about ten minutes. You need to install this prior to SP2.

powerless 19:23 03 Sep 04

Email me, i'll send it you.

phil.smith 09:49 06 Sep 04

Many thanks Powerless for your help with this - just another instance of how colleagues are prepared to help each other

One other question please
I have downloaded and installed the WMI update but when I check with Liveupdate on Norton it still says that WMI is available - can I prevent this from coming up each time now?

Thanks

Phil

ventanas 10:08 06 Sep 04

The WMI update caused this problem for me on at least twenty machines. The only way I could fix it was to go through the motions again. It doesn't seem happy unless you download it as a single item. Did you get a message part way through to run LiveUpdate again? It's possible that you don't in fact have it yet.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…