norton and windows firewall

denis93c 10:01 15 Aug 05

i have norton 2005,i have norton`s firewall turned of and windows firewall turned on,because norton`s firewall keeps asking me questions about every website i visit.
now every i start pc up,in the taskbar is an icon,with ballon opened saying ,"your computer may be at risk".
i think this is service pack 2 doing this,but it recommends to turn on windows firewall,which i already had on,when i check it,it is turned of,and i have to enable it.
ps.i am the only person who uses this pc.

mattyc_92 10:06 15 Aug 05

You SHOULD be using the Norton Firewall as the Windows Firewall is very basic and only protects you from outbound attacks.

Norton Firewall DOESN'T ask you to allow a website, it does ask to if you wish to allow things like IE, OE, etc... Just bare with it, about 2/3 hours and it will completely stop saying things like "Rules automaticaly made for....." and "does you wish to allow...." dialogs. It is a very good firewall. And I think it is Norton that is turning Windows Firewall off.

mark_jm 10:44 15 Aug 05

I get a CCapp program that seems to stop windows shutting down as it should. I have emptie the temp fol;der and stopped Norton from checking the floppy drive on closure as my pc dosnt have a floppy ( advice from symantec) but it still has the problem? Any advice

Head hurts 18:10 15 Aug 05

norton is doing what it should windows is forcing it to close as i understand but this is common to mine as well did find something on norton site some time ago about this. i have used norton products for some time and have been very happy with them but antivirus and firewalls try to stay connected until last thing so they are always protecting your system.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…