//some 3rd party need geo

Norton vis AVG

eego 16:10 26 Jul 05

I Have just removed Norton AV and installed AVG.

In the active task bar Norton used to display enabled.

AVG simply displays a graphic that when you click on activates AVG Control Centre.

Can I safely assume that the graphic indicates that AVG is Active or am I missing something.

feb 16:35 26 Jul 05

Hi eego

If its in the system tray, then its running.

I did the same as you a few of weeks ago, how do you find it?

Completealias 17:16 26 Jul 05

Another freebie that you may be interested in is avast click here. It is my personal choice and it has a few more features than AVG, you get instant message protection, a web shield which scans web pages for malicious bits and a peer to peer shield if your into that, also auto updates and has a boot scan option if required.

Belatucadrus 17:45 26 Jul 05

With AVG, if the graphic is in colour, all is OK, if anything goes out of whack, the graphic goes grey and popups appear.
That said I also prefer avast!, but they both do the job.

eego 12:08 27 Jul 05

Thanks everyone, after NI its a little uncertain not be informed that that AV is enabled, but I will live with that. I shall also take your advice and have a look at avast.

feb - I have only had it installed for a couple of days so I'm not yet in a position to offer any opinion.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…