Norton Virus Definition Update LU9000 Error

JB100 20:18 19 Jan 06

Norton AntiVirus Virus Definition Update LU9000 error:
I started using Norton on Boxing Day and the Automatic LiveUpdate worked up to 4/01/2006 but has not worked since. Norton keeps reminding me that my copy of the Virus Definition file is out-of-date and invites me to update it using 'LiveUpdate'. However after uploading the files and giving me the 'Installing update' message it returns error LU9000 saying that the update was unsuccessful and to try again at a later time. I've tried about seven times now and also updated 'LiveUpdate' before trying twice more. Any ideas on how to get around this problem, Please.

VoG II 20:21 19 Jan 06
  Totally-braindead 20:21 19 Jan 06
  Totally-braindead 20:21 19 Jan 06

VoG™ beats me to it again.

VCR97 20:24 19 Jan 06

It's a long time since I used Norton but, if I remember correctly, you can go to the Symantec site and search on the error code number. You should find an explanation and what to do about it.

JB100 23:02 21 Jan 06

I've tried the steps shown on the links given by VoG and Totally-braindead but problem persists. The Section 3 stage of running the Symantec Automated Support Assistant failed to run properly and froze. Tried unblocking pop-ups and this enabled the welcome screen to be displayed this time but stage failed to go any further and (Ctl/Alt/Del) Windows Task Manager showed that task was not responding! Norton has confirmed that I have the latest LiveUpdate version! Any further ideas, please? JB100

Totally-braindead 23:21 21 Jan 06

See if anyone else has the solution, but failing that you could remove Norton totally and try reinstalling but of course theres no guarantee that would work, if its a software fault with the Norton installation then reinstalling it should do the trick but if its something else doing it then it would still fail.

JB100 13:32 25 Jan 06

Thanks for your advice. Uninstalling and reinstalling the Norton AntiVirus 2005 seems to have enabled me to update the definitions file to one issued on 18/01/2006 (previously I couldn't get past the 04/01/2006 version). However I'll not close this issue until it auto-
updates again. Watch this space...

JB100. 25/01/2006.

JB100 21:21 25 Jan 06

Thanks to advice from 'Totally-braindead' the problem was resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling the Norton AntiVirus software.
Thanks to all who responded.
JB100

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…