NORTON A/V 2003 CONFIG

Hi
I have a problem with my broadband speed; I have contacted Tiscali and after thier suggestion of refreshing the TCP/IP protocols ECT that made no difference they now state

That if i have installed the Norton Antivirus before installing Tiscali broadband
on my computer, it will be configured for 56kbps connection by default.

Does anybody know of this configuration and how to do it? Or is this just another porky they are telling me

I have gone to Symantec web site but can’t find any reference on reconfigure connection type??

anybody please

anchor 16:11 28 Feb 04

When I changed to Pipex Broadband in March 2002, I had Norton A/V 2002 running. Norton had been originally installed with Win-ME and a 56k dial-up connection.

Norton did not adversely effect my new high speed, and I had not to change anything.

I cannot be sure, but I suspect Tiscali is clutching at straws. Try closing your e-mail programme, close any firewall you have running, then disabling Norton, and then do a speed test:

click here

Thanks anchor

Have just done speed test on that site with Norton a/v 2003 and internet security disabled downstream 51kbps upstream 71 kbps

Mind you I only have the 150 option but I just as well go back to dialup with these speeds

will try it with closing email as well

aramis 16:55 28 Feb 04

I have symantic AV 2003 and freeserve broadband running at 800kbps. Installing the AV had no effect whatsoever on my broadband speed.

Dumble452 17:26 28 Feb 04

Try this link click here
It improved my Blueyonder broadband connection speed considerably. ( p.s. I don't have Norton a/v)

Thanks Dumble452

have downloaded Dr.TCP and will see how it goes over the next few days

anchor 17:55 29 Feb 04

As you downstream is about 11% of mine, (on a 512 service), I doubt that playing with Dr.TCP will make any great difference.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…