Norton updates in one file

alcudia 12:05 16 Sep 03

Mu daughter is wanting to use her laptop for internet access and as she has no AV or firewall I am proposing to install my, now redundant, previous versions of Norton on this machine. However with a dialup it will take hours to update each program.
I have searched the Symantec web site to see if the updates (not just virus definitions) could be obtained as one single file for each program which I could download on my broadband connection at work, but cannot find anything.

Does anyone know if this is possible as it would save hours on line.

Stuartli 13:31 16 Sep 03

Normally when you install Norton AV and initially download the virus definitions, previous and current definitions are sent in one, or perhaps two, large blocks.

Or you can go to:

click here

where you'll find the definitions in full.

Installing Norton AV should also allow a year's subscription to forthcoming updates.

Stuartli 13:32 16 Sep 03

A further point is that new virus definitions are normally posted on the Symantec website a day earlier than on LiveUpdate.

alcudia 14:25 16 Sep 03

Thanks, but I found that page. It only provides for the virus definitions, and not all the other add-ons for the Program, or for the firewall.
I think I will concentrate on just geting a few at a time, and spend a day on it. What fun.
Shame the laptop dosn't have a network connection. I could just bring it in to the office.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…