NORTON UPDATE - SYMANTEC COMMON CLIENT ERROR

RMonty 16:11 10 Sep 03

When running Norton Internet Security Program update I get the following response after trying to update........
Live update must update Symantec COMMON CLIENT.

Please install this update first, then restart then run Live Update.

Not sure of how to update COMMON CLIENT.

Any comments welcomed.

JoeC 16:45 10 Sep 03

by updating my NAV2002 to the 2004 version. However, this is what Symantec say:-

click here

RMonty 12:19 11 Sep 03

A

nkosi 12:54 11 Sep 03

Co-incidentally, I've just installed Norton Internet Security 2003 and the first live update showed the same message. I rebooted and ran it again - same message, but third time (reboot and run live update) updated OK. Don't know what the problem was but it obviously wasn't terminal!

brittas 13:02 11 Sep 03

You sometimes get it when you are installing the firewall after the anti virus - the "common client" is the file that both pieces of software use to update at the same time. As suggested, reboot and try update again and should solve the problem.

RMonty 13:14 12 Sep 03

A

RMonty 10:44 15 Sep 03

Have tried to reboot then load updates a few times but still coming up with the same message.

Is a solution - uninstall then reload Norton Internet Security an option ??.

Any suggestions welcomed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…