Norton Update Problem -Help!

Axii9 16:28 08 Dec 04

I updated Norton a few days or so ago and it installed some 'Symantec Common Client Update'.

However, since I did the update I have been having a variety of probelms including not being able to access web pages and a deluge of 'port scan attacks' (I have Sygate). Also, when I just tried updating again, they told me that the thing was 'corrupted'.

I did a system restore and all is fine now.

I just tried updating Norton again and the same update showed up -Should I download it?

Also, when I system restored I lost 'Spyware Scanner' -can I get it back?

Grendle 17:09 08 Dec 04

Axii9

Did you have any problems re E-mail as I probably automatically updated for that in the last couple of days an my antivirus is now blocking outgoing e-mail and wonder if this could be the cause of my problem

Grendle 17:09 08 Dec 04

Axii9

Did you have any problems re E-mail as I probably automatically updated for that in the last couple of days an my antivirus is now blocking outgoing e-mail and wonder if this could be the cause of my problem

Axii9 19:07 08 Dec 04

I haven't had any problems that I noticed with my email. However, I don't use Outlook, I just check mail from Hotmail's website.

Axii9 15:43 09 Dec 04

bump

JoeC 16:08 09 Dec 04

(unless you haven't already done so ) check you have LiveUpdate 2.5 ( look in Add/Remove programmes ) as I had a similar problem and had to go to Symantec and download the LiveUpdate for the LiveUpdate !! : }

Secondly, have a look here, it might help in some way

click here

JoeC 16:12 09 Dec 04

A friend of mine re-downloaded a " corrupted " update for Norton and it was okay. He hunted around the Symantec website and eventually got a reply to an email he sent them - " sometimes downloads can be corrupted ". Guess it can happen. I have been asked by the odd website to turn off my AV so as not to corrupt the download.

wyatt earp 19:20 09 Dec 04

Take a look at my thread as i was having similar issues.
click here

Cheers
Wyatt

EatSomeCheese 23:57 09 Dec 04

Go to here "click here" to download the latest version of LiveUpdate. Then before running live update delete all the old downloads to remove and corrupt downloads. "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\LiveUpdate\Downloads". Run LiveUpdate again and then restart computer, and run again. Fixed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

How to lose weight with an Apple Watch