Norton Update Problem -Help!

Axii9 16:28 08 Dec 04

I updated Norton a few days or so ago and it installed some 'Symantec Common Client Update'.

However, since I did the update I have been having a variety of probelms including not being able to access web pages and a deluge of 'port scan attacks' (I have Sygate). Also, when I just tried updating again, they told me that the thing was 'corrupted'.

I did a system restore and all is fine now.

I just tried updating Norton again and the same update showed up -Should I download it?

Also, when I system restored I lost 'Spyware Scanner' -can I get it back?

Grendle 17:09 08 Dec 04

Axii9

Did you have any problems re E-mail as I probably automatically updated for that in the last couple of days an my antivirus is now blocking outgoing e-mail and wonder if this could be the cause of my problem

Grendle 17:09 08 Dec 04

Axii9

Did you have any problems re E-mail as I probably automatically updated for that in the last couple of days an my antivirus is now blocking outgoing e-mail and wonder if this could be the cause of my problem

Axii9 19:07 08 Dec 04

I haven't had any problems that I noticed with my email. However, I don't use Outlook, I just check mail from Hotmail's website.

Axii9 15:43 09 Dec 04

bump

JoeC 16:08 09 Dec 04

(unless you haven't already done so ) check you have LiveUpdate 2.5 ( look in Add/Remove programmes ) as I had a similar problem and had to go to Symantec and download the LiveUpdate for the LiveUpdate !! : }

Secondly, have a look here, it might help in some way

click here

JoeC 16:12 09 Dec 04

A friend of mine re-downloaded a " corrupted " update for Norton and it was okay. He hunted around the Symantec website and eventually got a reply to an email he sent them - " sometimes downloads can be corrupted ". Guess it can happen. I have been asked by the odd website to turn off my AV so as not to corrupt the download.

wyatt earp 19:20 09 Dec 04

Take a look at my thread as i was having similar issues.
click here

Cheers
Wyatt

EatSomeCheese 23:57 09 Dec 04

Go to here "click here" to download the latest version of LiveUpdate. Then before running live update delete all the old downloads to remove and corrupt downloads. "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\LiveUpdate\Downloads". Run LiveUpdate again and then restart computer, and run again. Fixed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…