I too have the same problem twice a year or so,the best thin to do is re-set the Norton firewall to default.
Just do this,
To reset the firewall rules for Internet-enabled programs
1. Start Norton Internet Security or Norton Personal Firewall.
2. In the main program window, double-click Personal Firewall.
3. On the Programs tab, make sure that Turn on Automatic Program Control is checked.
4. Click the first item in the Manual Program Control list.
5. On your keyboard, press Ctrl+A to select all of the program rules.
6. Click Remove.
If you see a warning message, click Yes to remove the rules.
7. Click OK to close the Program Control window.
8. Run LiveUpdate, and download all available updates.
For details on how to run LiveUpdate, see the document How to run LiveUpdate.
9. Run a Program Scan to re-create your program rules list.
For details on how to run a program scan, read the document Scanning for Internet-enabled programs in Norton Internet Security or Norton Personal Firewall.
It will work fine from then on,