Norton-uninstalling other virus checkers

peterwemsley 16:50 PM 25 Nov 11

I have an Asus netbook using Bullguard sucessfully for a year. Tried to install Norton (2011) and it discovered another virus checker "Trend" that it could not remove. I skipped this stage and sucessfully installed Norton. However I find that I cannot remove Trend manually even though I have started my PC in safe mode. Norton appears to be running OK despite this program still being on my PC

Sea Urchin 17:34 PM 25 Nov 11

You should always uninstall any antivirus programs before installing a new one. I would suggest uninstalling Norton - then removing Trend using the following method

Remove Trend

and then replace Norton

peterwemsley 22:25 PM 25 Nov 11

Thank you Sea Urchin for your swift help.
I tried the fix but it did not work. I tried again and double checked whether my PC was 32 or 64 bit. Whilst doing this I checked on the 'Services tab' and noticed that it indicatted that 'Trend was running'. I unchecked this and then ran the normal uninstall from the control panel and this has removed Trend.

Migwell 01:33 AM 27 Nov 11

Give NORTON a miss use Microsoft security essentials far more dependable AND free

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites