norton uninstall

aboutit 16:08 26 May 04

I have norton system works on my win XP home KI used the add/remove but the folder orton system works still exists and contains 15 mb how can I remove this without having to do complicatd registry deletion(not very technical) and messing things up. Any help apprciated

SANTOS7 16:22 26 May 04

the system works disc should give you all the complete uninstall options insert disc click on manual open adobe document click on index go to page 192 good luck

aboutit 17:33 26 May 04

haven`t got the disc

Smegs 17:38 26 May 04
  GrahamP 17:43 26 May 04

There are numerous articles on uninstalling Norton products at the Symantec site click here Search on "uninstall systemworks"

aboutit 17:43 26 May 04

it could be a bit tricky for me having to remove the registry entries

oseven 20:37 26 May 04

Norton supply a prog. you can download from their site to completely uninstall their programmes.I used it earlier this year and it worked fine.Cannot point you to actual Norton page but if you pesevere I am sure you find it.Good luck.

mbp 21:14 26 May 04

Even if you have used the Norton uninstall download, and then use the trialware Registry First Aid, or Registry Mechanic, you will find an unbelievable amount of codes still in your computer. These programs will guide you safely (even for a novice like me) through the process. Just make sure that what you delete has been identified by you as no longer required. BaCK UP shared items you are not sure of. It is all built into the RFA and RM programs. Otherwise, will it cause conflicts in the future? I don't know! Will you be holding obsolete junk in you registry? Yes! Will it matter? Probably in the long run, with accumulated debris.

GrahamP 22:41 26 May 04

aboutit,

Whichever method you choose as long as you back up your registry first, XP will revert to the saved version if you muck it up.

To get into regedit
start/run/type regedit/enter

To back it up from within regedit
file/export/
select a location in Save In/
select a filename/
select Export Range All and press enter

mbp 09:29 02 Jun 04

This is for those who wish to know more about some programs that are not easy to completely remove from your computer.

First type into you web address box: "xppg.co.uk/forum" without quotes. Register>Log-in>FAQ-Tips&Tricks scroll to "Norton NAV/NIS Uninstall" posted by peterg on Jan.21.04.

Just follow procedure. It becomes easy with this guide.

Stuartli 09:35 02 Jun 04

You'll also need to delete the Norton permissions from ZoneAlarm if you have it installed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…