Norton Systemworks update

wester john 16:48 13 May 05

I have Systemworks 2003 installed and it is due for renewal in a few days. I got a message saying that Tech support was no longer available for this version. I could get an OEM 2005 version for not more than renewing the sub. But then would I have to download lots of updates?
However, I hardy use all the features in Systemworks and wonder if Internet Security 2005 might suit me better. If I installed that I presume I would have to uninstall SystemW and thereafter have to download all the updates.
Any advice please?

Diodorus Siculus 17:12 13 May 05

Another option may be to uninstall Norton and choose one of the many free combination offers: say Avast AV and Sygate Personal Firewall.

Diodorus Siculus 17:15 13 May 05

And as for the various bits and pieces that systemworks give, there are free options available too.

I used to be a devoted follower of Norton ever since disk doctor recovered an essay for me off a low density floppy back in 1991. I bought a copy with my first PC after that and used various incarnations until Systemworks 2002 which became just a little too overbearing for me. After that I have gone with free options and never regretted it.

wester john 17:46 13 May 05

I'll try Avast and Sygate. Sounds good advice, thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…