Norton Systemworks reports registry errors

DIYgirl 11:59 21 Nov 03

I am running Win 98 SE on a 5 year old (I know, I know) computer. I have Norton Systemworks on it, and when I run a system check with it, it reports that there are two errors when it has completed the Registry Scan ("checks for incorrect entries in the Windows registry"). I then tell NSW to correct errors, and it reports that all is fixed; if I then run NSW again, tehre are no registry errors reported, but if I reboot and run NSW again, those two errors are back again.

Is this anything significant, or just an irritating little thing I should ignore? And if the latter, is there anything I can do to stop these two registry errors from reappearing all the time?

Sorry to be so girly and dim--I suspect I am worrying about nothing, as the computer runs pretty-much fine for most of the time.

AndyJ 12:42 21 Nov 03

I had a similar problem once when using the One Button Checkup. It was reporting that auto protect was disabled, although it was certainly enabled.

I contacted Norton (Symantec) and they told me that it occasionally happened and that to click on the "ignore" option in one-button checkup when the errors are reported. So if you're happy there is no problem, do the same.

If you're at all concerned, why don't you email Symantec. They were pretty quick in replying with the answer for me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…