Norton Systemworks 2004

Jayne doe 11:33 20 Aug 04

I was bought NSW2004 as a pressy and put it on my computer yesterday. After ringing up to get a number etc, what a palava! Now I have used NSW2002 for ages no probs works great. But now that I have installed NSW2004 I cannot get it to defrag using speed disk at all. It either goes to 20% and stops or stays at 0%. I have tried the web site but it just says there are issues. I have tried to run it in safe mode but no luck. Im not a techie girl I just want stuff to run but this is being a real pain in the butt. I usually defrag every week and clean out registry and cookies etc and as a result generally dont have problems with my system at all but this NSW 2004 defies all logic it seems money has been spent on a program that doesn't work. System is AMD 2.2 1 gig memory Win XP pro. 2 x 80 gig hard drives. Thanks Jayne

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:14 20 Aug 04

Download enditall click here and use it. It will stop all running processes and you will then be able to scan/defrag. All the processes restart on rebooting.

G

IZZY 13:03 20 Aug 04

Did you install NSW over your previous copy? If so, NSW doesn't like that and advises removing all earler versions before installing a new version.

click here.

Have a look at this link. (I hope it works, it's extremely long.)

Regards,

IZZY

Jayne doe 09:34 24 Aug 04

Thanks to those that tried to help. Had a tech guy uninstall and reinstall Norton. Still will not defrag. Norton helpdesk said there were a number of issues with NSW at the moment to which they working towards a resolution?? So money has been spent on a not so good piece of software. My solution well techs solution was to uninstall NSW and put on AVG and simply use Windows defrag which has no problem defragging my computer at all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…