Norton SystemWorks 2003 Pro Problems?

AdventCalendar 17:13 30 Sep 03

I bought this a couple of weeks ago for my cousin computer. Its a french PC, running on a French version of XP [dont know if this has any bearing?]

But they installed it, and said that it made all other programs go on a complete 'go slow' on the computer. It got so bad that they have tried to 'uninstall' it, but the problems are still persisting, and they say that although they have uninstalled using 'add/remove' that there are still Norton things on there.

can anyone advise what I can do for them?

AdventCalendar 21:15 30 Sep 03

^^^^

AdventCalendar 21:29 30 Sep 03

if you cant help with the first point in the problem, then how can i action a complete and utter uninstallation?

thanks

thms 21:33 30 Sep 03

To uninstall click here

AdventCalendar 12:25 02 Oct 03

anyone???

MichelleC 15:03 02 Oct 03

Have you tried to manually uninstall NSW the Symantec way?

AdventCalendar 19:36 11 Oct 03

Im having a few problems with this because my cousin has tried to delete it using add/remove programmes on XP, but this seems to only have got rid of 95% of it as the recycle bin is still norton protected, and there a few other minor things that show it still exists.

With the XP being a french version i have been told this could cause a possible conflict???

the pc does seem awful slow for a nearly brand new, rarely used Pentium 4, 2.4ghz.

any ideas?

AdventCalendar 19:46 11 Oct 03

the SYMclean programme wont open from the disk, and after i downloaded it from the symantec site it encountered the same error???

seems very odd!!!!

MichelleC 09:55 12 Oct 03

This is another option: assuming you've got the cd use 'wipe' utility from CD to delete Symantec from HD (if you use Gov method it'll delete to 2nd level. Other option is to delete bits from registry via HOTKEYS. Either way be careful so you can restore if required. If you need help in registry post back.

AdventCalendar 16:48 12 Oct 03

Hi Michelle....

I dont really understand what you mean, so yeah i need help if at all possible? :)

AdventCalendar 19:48 12 Oct 03

^^^

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…