Norton SystemWorks 2003

Blanc Glacier 20:33 04 Jun 04

Hi i was wondering if anybody could tell me the disadvantages of Norton SystemWork 2003? I was thinking about upgrading to 2004 however i was just wondering how 2003 could be improved?

If anybody has any suggestions relating to this then I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks

stalion 20:37 04 Jun 04

you can still get regular updates for 2003 just make sure to update regularly.There have been many posts on here recently regarding 2004 version and members computers running slower after install.Regards

Totally-braindead 22:32 04 Jun 04

Have a look at click here

david.h 15:49 05 Jun 04

the new system works will include software from powerquest hopefullly driveimage will replace ghost and a new partition program similar to pm8

OU812 03:20 06 Jun 04

I use System Works 2003 and consider there is little to be gained from upgrading to 2004 at the present time since it offers little over and above that offered on 2003. The only real advancement is in the area of spyware protection however this can be had for free (and more comprehensively) via utilities such as Spywareblaster, Ad-aware and Spybot-Search and Destroy.

As an aside I had no end of trouble last year with an attempted upgrade to Norton Internet Security 2004, fortunately I was able to use Drive Image 7 to recover back to to my NIS2003 settings and also got my money back from PC World!

I would hold onto your cash for the time being.

temp003 05:00 06 Jun 04

I would agree with OU812. If you already have NSW 2003, stick with it. There are so many good free spyware detectors you don't really need Norton to do it for you.

Also, 2004 versions of Norton products require activations, which is OK, but just another hassle when you need to reinstall it. Stick with 2003 until there is a more compelling reason for upgrade.

Blanc Glacier 13:03 06 Jun 04

I have read all of your comments and have took on board what you have said. So basically the only change in 2004 version is the inbuilt spyware facility, which like some of you have mentioned these pieces of software can be downloaded for free. I already have Adaware, S&D and Spyblaster so i think i will stick with NSW 2003 for the time being.

Thanks for all of your comments.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…