Norton System Works professional 2001

OJH 21:32 11 Feb 03

I've just bought Norton System Works professional 2001 which includes Norton Ghost, Antivirus, Utilities, Clean Sweep and WinFax.

Do you know if after downloading the updates whether it would effectively give me the same antivirus as 2002 or even 2003?

PS. I already have Norton Antivirus 2002 running on Windows 98SE but the subscriptions are due for renewal. So if it's advisable I would like to replace it for the above.

Any advice/help welcome

Oliver

Lú-tzé 21:38 11 Feb 03

It will give you the same protection as a newer version. The main difference is that there are enhancements which you will not have with version 2001; eg it will not work for XP - maybe it will not automatically update for you whenever you are connected and so on.

OJH 10:49 12 Feb 03

Thanks Lú-tzé

It may be worth installing it then especially as I'm on Windows 98SE and according to the System Works manual it does have automatic live update.

Oliver

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…