Norton System works Auto protect

Dearersteak 18:07 19 May 03

Ok,

Had norton for a while now, but then upgarded to XP pro (from 98). Norton then told me that i had to re-install it because i had upgraded my operation system. So i did as i was told, and now i have a problem. When i go into norton antiVirus, It tells me that auto protect is off, as well as e-mail scanning. I tryed clicking on the enable button, which has no effect, so i went into norton antivirus menu, and the auto protect box is un ticked, So i re-ticked it, But everytime i hit ok, and go back, its off again. So i clicked on use defaults, and i got an erorr message come up, click here This is the page it took me to. now i've manage to get as far as the admin bit, because when i entre settings, looking for the Symantec Password Validation Service, It simply is'nt there...!

Any idears?

are any of the other symantech services listed?

your best bet is probably to completely uninstal it again making sure everything is gone then reinstal it,making sure you register it online again

ihail 18:27 19 May 03

norton av needs to be deleted from the registry as this stops the scan console working goto the symantec website look in the support section on how to completely uninstall norton av

MartinT-B 20:18 19 May 03

I have had this issue.

the ONLY sure-fire remedy is a complete un-install click here for Symatecs walk through, go through the first bit then check. Symantec leaves bits of itself all over which you need to check before you re-install.

then do a re-install following this procedure click here=

A Cat Called George 20:26 19 May 03

One thing that seems to have been overlooked so far is which version of Systemworks are you using? You must have Systemworks 2002 or later for full Windows XP support.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…