Norton System Works

Robotic_Rob 14:39 12 Feb 06

Hey, I tried installing Norton System Works on to my new hdd. It worked alright for a couple of days and then i keep getting a message saying i need to re-install it. Ive tried re-installing it a couple of times but the same thing still happens. Can anyone give me advice on uninstalling it completely, so i can try and install it from fresh.(As i believe that the uninstaller doesnt uninstall completely as when i re-installed it, i didnt have to type in a reg code.

Cheers

VoG II 14:40 12 Feb 06
  stylehurst 16:19 12 Feb 06

I have just spent the best part of 2 afternoons getting rid of Norton System Works 2005, so can I add the following

Use the instructions given by VoG in the above thread but with one signignificant difference

Make certain you have down loaded the 3 files referred to on the instruction page.

DO NOT attempt to use Windows Add/Remove programs; it causes problems in XP.
Instead run SymNRT as the first step; then the remaining programs as per the instruction sheet.

Should work OK, at least it did for me.

compumac 18:19 12 Feb 06

Had exactly the same problem as yourself in removing Norton Systemworks 2005. I did exactly as per the link given by Vog, but still bits and pieces of Norton left behind, so repeated as per Vog but plus ran Ccleaner afterwards and it found remnants of Norton and you were able to remove them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac