Norton System Works 2003 !!

hawthorn59 20:02 05 Feb 06

Just after reformatting my laptop, going as good as new! I loaded on my old Norton Systemworks 2003, and it spent 2-3 hours updating itself. Also I appear to have a years free cover till this time next year. Value or what!!?

However, can I rest assured that it will in fact have the latest virus protection ie as Norton AV 2005/6 ?

K

Taff™ 20:08 05 Feb 06

If you`ve been to Live Update and it says you have the latest file definitions - you probably have BUT the base program is now limited in terms of protection. I personally wouldn`t worry about it too much. There are plenty of AV programs out there for free and they won`t "hog" resources like Norton.

PaulB2005 20:09 05 Feb 06

The detections will be the same but the latest version might be able to handle removal of file earlier versions can't, due to changes in the way viruses work etc. There might also be some extra features in the newer versions.

Whatever happens as long as it's up to date you are protected well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…