norton system works

stm 12:59 21 Jan 04

I use windows xp & have tried uninstlling norton system works through add & remove 7 also using nortons uninstall feature.
Neiher works its still on my system.
Have tried re installing & unistalling still the same.
Anyone with any ideas????

MichelleC 13:36 21 Jan 04

You could always use 'Wipe' from cd to wipe from hd. I have't tried it myself, but maybe someone else can advise.

BTW if you've got all NSW files off hd you may have to delete all reference to Nortons in registry as well.

stm 16:42 21 Jan 04

Have tried wiping the files from hd, but I get a "access denied" message.

A Cat Called George 16:55 21 Jan 04

I had this problem. I tried manually removing all files and registry entries but had so many problems following that that I had to format and reinstall Windows. This happened to me after a live update failed.

xania 16:57 21 Jan 04

You should first re-install the entire software to ensure all the uninstall instructions are still there. Reboot, than run the uninstall that, I think comes on the CD, or you will find in the software folder. Having done this, you should have removed all the register links but you will still need to dleete the software folder to complete the operation.

You may also find some additional advice on your particular version on the Symantec Web site click here

xania 16:59 21 Jan 04

Forgot to mention that you will not be able to delete any files whilst the boot-up is still loading some files. And, if you delete them before you clear all by the formal uninstall, you will get loads of error messages when you reboot.

stm 13:14 22 Jan 04

Folowed the link to the symantec site by xania & followed their intructions. Still left some of the program on the pc. Then read that there is a program called "SYNclean.exe" supplied on the cd or you can download it from the site.
Ran this as per instructions & hey presto everything gone except the in the start>prorams. Deleted these manually.

Thanks to everyone for all you help & sugestions.

(ò¿ó)

stm 13:15 22 Jan 04

Sory folks the program should read "SYMclean.exe"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…