Norton SW 2003

Ticketyboo 09:40 02 Apr 03

Have the problems been sorted on 2003 yet? is it worth buying, if so how much should l be looking to pay for it? or should l be looking at 2002?
l would be very grateful for any advice as l have never bought any utilities before and l would not like to go and get the wrong thing or get ripped off. Many thanks in advance. TC.

Andsome 10:52 02 Apr 03

I think there there have been problems with some people running 2002 on XP. I use 2003 on XP with NO BOTHER AT ALL. Shop around for a CD version. If you ever have a Windows problem you can always reinstall a CD, but if uou have a downloaded version you would meet up with problems.

IZZY 18:52 02 Apr 03

Ticketyboo....

It's quite the contrary to Andsome's reply. It seems that more people are having problems with NSW 2003 than 2002. Have a look at this thread :

click here

In fact, there is very lttle difference between 2002 and 2003. Most reviewers said quite definitely "If you already have 2002 don't bother spending the money on 2003. There are very few benefits."

However, it's up to you in the long run. If you don't already have NSW I would thing you should have no problems installing 2003.

Have a look also at this page on Symantec's site:

click here

IMHO, NSW, whatever version, is one of the best buys you'll ever make in terms of system utilities.

Regard and good luck,

IZZY

IZZY 19:00 02 Apr 03

Ticketyboo....

This is also a 'must do not'

NOTE: Do not attempt to install Norton SystemWorks on a computer with either Windows NT, Windows Millennium, or Windows 2000 if another antivirus program is installed.

Close any AV programme that you might have running.

You don't say which O.S. but if it's XP I gather you might have problems with the built-in Firewall but I can't advise on that as I don't have XP.

IZZY

anniesboy68 19:07 02 Apr 03

Andsome, could you not download the programe to disk, I do

Andsome 09:14 03 Apr 03

I suppose that this possible of course, but it is cheaper from retail outlets in the UK

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…