norton subscriptions

preston 15:54 17 Jul 04

my renewals for my antivirus and firewall are up for renewal. i got them as a bundled package, but i didnt install them at the same time.will i have to pay a subscription for each separatly or one as it was a bundled package.

Daz35 16:23 17 Jul 04

I could be wrong, but I don't think you have to subscribe for your firewall.

It's normally just the A/V that you need to update as more and more viruses etc come onto the net.

palinka 16:29 17 Jul 04

why not switch to a free AV such as AVG (regularly recommended in this forum). There are free firewalls too - look at previous discussions in this forum.

chugby 16:55 17 Jul 04

should have a subscription due date on
Norton AV/FW control panel.

JYPX 18:59 17 Jul 04

Preston, I renewed my Norton av in February (still not sure if that was a sensible decision) and found myself directed to a site in Ireland where Norton charged me about £23 with vat on top at the rate for Ireland (higher than the UK VAT rate). I got to thinking later that I have should have clicked "usa" at the buy option - I think it was about 20 dollars. Something to think about perhaps.

scoopsowl 19:08 17 Jul 04

I didn't renew my subscriptions which meant I didn't receive any a/v upgrades which led to me getting a virus!! I have now payed the fee, which was very easy to do. The upgrades came and the virus disappeared. I rest my case.

Mister Splendid©® 19:11 17 Jul 04

This works on 2003 versions and earlier, I don't know about 2004. completely uninstall all your Norton software and then reinstall it but do not register. When it is reinstalled you will have a new year of free updates. Symantec must know about this but they have not stopped it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…