Norton and shut down with XP Pro

MIKE 19:41 22 May 04

I have just upgraded my daughters laptop by loading XP Pro over ME. Every thing seemed to go OK untill I loaded Norton System Works 2003,the problem is XP would not close down. I know there are various area's where XP does not always close, is Norton one of these situations. I could not uninstall Norton as half way through uninstaling Norton just stoped the only way I could see around the problem was to format the C: drive. Is this a common problem or was I just unlucky. Help please!!!!

sicknote 19:52 22 May 04

Is this any help click here

MIKE 09:54 23 May 04

Many thanks sicknote for your advice, I don't think this was the problem I had. Symantec's web site seemed to dwell on windows startup, where as mine was on shut down. But all the same thanks.

the pie eater 10:20 23 May 04

Mike if you find an answer please post it as i have the same problem just cant get rid of norton antivirus on my laptop

MIKE 11:46 23 May 04

HI the pie eater, as of yet I cannot find a simple answer for removing Norton. On the instalation disc there is an uninstall programme but it does not always seem to work. I have looked on the Norton web site for various ways to manualy uninstaling Norton. They all seem somw what conviluting. In my case I just reformated the hardrive as the was nothing of importance on it that I could not replace. You could do a backup of all your important data and reformat and reload windows I suppose, but any way good luck. Needless to say I did not load Norton again. If I do find a better way I will let you know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…