Norton security upgrade 2002 to 2005

coope 09:31 25 Mar 05

I have Norton Security 2002 and have been given Norton 2005 Internet Security complete with product key and 1 year free upgrades. Do I need to uninstall 2002 before I install 2005 or can I install " over the top " please?

Minkey1 11:20 25 Mar 05

Coope

I believe that "upgrade" versions can be installed over the existing programme, providing it is of recent vintage e.g. NIS 2005 Upgrade could be installed over 2004. However, as I understand it older versions have to be removed first. If you have a full 2005 version it would be safer to entirely uninstal 2002 whilst you are offline, instal 2005 offline then go online to register it and get updates. You will probably see a big difference in the interface between the 2 versions anyway.

Norton isn't always well regarded in this and other forums but I use NIS 2004/2005 on 4 machines and have no problem. Personally I don't mind paying for an integrated solution which provides updates automatically. When you get to renewal tho', check out the latest version as - strangely - new versions can be obtained more cheaply than renewing an existing version.

Good luck !

Mike

coope 13:45 25 Mar 05

Sounds like good advice, many thanks !

pk470 14:07 25 Mar 05

All Norton products from 2003 have tobe activated via the web and i have found you don't seem to get
many reactivations if you have two computers with two hard drives on them,i think it's about six times,when i rang Symantec when my Norton systemworks was locked they didn't want to know.
I went back to NSW 2002.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…