Norton security subscription renewal ?

bobatnorthway 10:12 08 Sep 06

A friend bought a new lap top together with Norton package in April this year, she is now being asked to renew subscription by the 15/9/06 as her licence expires, PC World wont help & suggests she telephones Nortons premium rate help line, any ideas please?

Gongoozler 10:30 08 Sep 06

Pre-installed Norton is often only valid for a short period, and that is probably measured from the date of installation rather than the date of purchase. My advice is to uninstall Norton and install Avast antivirus (free) click here or AVG antivirus (also free) click here, and ZoneAlarm firewall (free) click here

Koochy 10:33 08 Sep 06

bookmarked

Thanks
K

bobatnorthway 10:42 08 Sep 06

I appreciate what you say, however this was not pre-installed, she bought the disc on offer at the time of buying the PC and I installed the programme for her, When ever i go into Norton it goes into a loop of paying renewal subsription.

Gongoozler 10:49 08 Sep 06

Try the Symantec Subscription Troubleshooter here to see if it helps click here

terryf 11:12 08 Sep 06

Chuck it away anyway and use freebies

sunny staines 14:03 08 Sep 06

norton 2007 is due next month & to clear 2006 versions norton are throwing in 24 month updates instead of 12.

Cant.think.of.a.username 14:21 08 Sep 06

Bin Norton. Had it for 12 months got 2 virus'. Now use all the free stuff and have been for 5 months. Find them great ( AVG free, ewido, sybot, ad adware )

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now