Norton Security subscription

niki31 20:32 02 Feb 07

I keep getting pops ups telling my subscription has run out - do i subscribe to them again or is there a better model on the market i have avg anti spyware and spyware blaster not sure why but i do run regular scans.

VoG II 20:38 02 Feb 07

In my opinion you would be better with AVG free click here plus Zone Alarm free firewall click here

niki31 20:44 02 Feb 07

thanks VoG should i now disable Norton security

Jackcoms 20:50 02 Feb 07

"should i now disable Norton security"

No, you should completely uninstall it using the appropriate Symantec removal tool click here

TomG 20:51 02 Feb 07

Uninstall would be better - if you have problems getting rid of it Symantec (norton) do a clean up tool which will uninstall all norton programs on your pc.

TomG 20:52 02 Feb 07

beaten by a minute!

VoG II 20:52 02 Feb 07

First download and save AVG and Zone Alarm (don't install them yet.

Also you may need this to remove Norton click here= - download it

Disconnect from the internet.

Remove Norton using Control Panel > Add or Remove programs - you may also need the removal tool above.

Install AVG then Zone Alarm

Reconnect to the internet.

You should now be fully protected.

niki31 21:17 02 Feb 07

Huge thanks to you all especially VoG you have saved me lots of money

i would advise you get some spyware protection too, avg do a free trial one, remember you havnt got a security suite, just an av prog and a firewall, both great programs though.

Jackcoms 21:28 02 Feb 07

Read nik23's post of 20:32 again. S/he is already using AVG anti-spyware

Jackcoms 21:29 02 Feb 07

That should, of coure, read 'niki31's post'.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…