Norton replacement required

willo500 10:23 05 Jun 04

Hi

After using Norton Systemworks and Firewall for a couple of years I have become disillusioned due to the number of difficulties I have experienced with it interfering with other programs.

I have left the anti virus on but removed everything else. I have installed Zone Alarm firewall and now I am wondering whether there is any other software I can use which will do the same job as the norton's utilities. Any recommendations or should I not bother. I used to use utilities to quick scan for and repair registry errors quite a lot.

Thanks

Will

willo500 10:24 05 Jun 04

Oh yes and would you say that zone alarm was the best firewall to use or would you suggest others?

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:31 05 Jun 04

Your chances of being hacked on a home computer are similar to winning the Lotto 3 times on the trot so any free firewall will do. As I have mentined before there is no reason why a home user should pay for a firewall (if you want to use one) or an AV, it is demonstrably bonkers when there are excellent free ones around.

Systemworks is difficult to replace but if you download CCleaner from click here there are three cleaning options, use them (excellent for cleaning Internet crud)and hit dlete whenever prompted to, it is an excellent utility. You could also download Regseeker from click here and delete all it finds (it will save the deletions as a file just in case but on every computer that I have put this on there has never been a problem).

Combine these with the free version of Adaware from click here and you will run smoother than Leslie Phillips on the pull and at de nada cost.

G

willo500 10:40 05 Jun 04

Thanks Gandalf I will do as you suggest

Will

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…