Norton renewal

one23 10:12 30 Jun 04

My subscription is almost due for Norton AV/IS 2003. Is it best to renew 2003 via the symantic site or to buy a fresh 2004 upgrade version. I believe that I would have to uninstal 03 before a new version is installed ,are their any known problems associated with this?

The Spires 10:18 30 Jun 04

Norton 2005 is being beta tested now.

one23 10:23 30 Jun 04

Sorry Ive posted twice by mistake. I will close this one

sattman 12:14 30 Jun 04

I am running on Norton 2002 and have had no problems with annual renewal, but some users have.

As far as I can determine the only possible benifit is that you will get more up to date definitions which can be a help if you have to reinstall more so if you on dial up.

Having said that the first thing that the new copy will do is tell you to update the latest definitions as it will be weeeks if not months out of date .

JYPX 13:40 30 Jun 04

Are you sure that you want to renew Norton? Earlier this year I paid my 20 quid subscription to renew 2003. Since then Norton has found 3 items (virus or trojan) and then told me that it was UNABLE TO DELETE THIS ITEM!!!! To get rid of them I went into the FREE online virus checkers run by Panda and Trend Micro. (I ran them both).
A couple of weeks ago the Sunday Times suggested that Norton had lost the plot and that there were plenty of alternatives.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…