Norton removal tool

asdachick 12:36 26 Oct 07

Hi
I am getting rid of Norton and want to know if just deleting it will be enough or will i have to use the removal tool?
will be doing it next week sometime so just getting few suggestions b4 i do
thanks

Head hurts 12:46 26 Oct 07

use the removal tool i had symantec products installed and used windows to uninstall and had all sorts of problems i had to reinstall the software download and use the removal tool which worked with no problems.

asdachick 15:45 26 Oct 07

so i guess the removal tool does all of it then?

rdave13 16:15 26 Oct 07

Yes. I made sure that the firewall and av were stopped first and the removal tool worked without a hitch.

asdachick 00:32 27 Oct 07

so u mean u delete the programmes first ,then run the removal tool after

brundle 00:38 27 Oct 07

That is how it's supposed to be used, but you can just run the removal tool without using any of the usual Uninstall options, it still does the trick

asdachick 00:39 27 Oct 07

thanx alot peeps now i sound thick

rdave13 01:04 27 Oct 07

No. I download a free firewall like Commodo in a zipped file and also download a free AV program also in a zipped form to my desktop. Then I download the norton removal tool and download that to my desktop. I then disconnect from the internet and use the norton uninstaller tool to uninstall norton security after I disable the norton firewall, antivirus, etc.
Then I 'extract' the firewall and antivirus program I previously installed on my desktop in a zipped form. These programs start to work and then I connect to the internet again for these security programs to run and update.
Another free program for security is an antispyware program called Spyware Terminator which you can also save to desktop prior to getting rid of Norton.

Comodo firewall; click here

Antivirus avast!; click here

Antispyware; Spyware Terminator; click here

Andsome 07:43 27 Oct 07

You have talked about deleting Norton. I seriously hope you are not contemplating right click and delete.

tullie 07:52 27 Oct 07

just download the above programmes to desktop,no need to have them compressed in a zip file

asdachick 10:31 27 Oct 07

no i am not just thinking of clicking delete,i am gonna download the removal tool first then do it that way

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5