Norton Remenants left over?

Major Disaster 11:52 02 Aug 05

Im trying to clean up my pc and in add/remove programes i found LiveReg (Symantec Coperation) and LiveUpdate 1.80 (Symantec Coperation). Are these left over from when i had Norton AV, but did not unistall when i switched to McAfee or are they somehow needed to update McAfee or needed for any other app?
Are they safe to delete and also delete all the finds that searching for Symantec produces?
Thanks for the help

Andsome 13:28 02 Aug 05

You can and should uninstall them through Add/Remove programs, do not just delete them. You can e-mail Symantec and ask for links to full removal tools, if you prefer. Otherwise, after uninstalling these applications, go to Start/Find and type Symantec, then delete all the findings. After that go to Start/Find and type Norton, and then delete all these findings. If you are happy to look into the registry, then go to Start/Run then type regedit. When the registry opens, click onto File and select EXPORT. Then give the export a name, the obvious name is Registry, and export to a safe place like My Documents. Then open HKEY_Current user/Software, and look for Norton and Symantec, deleting any entries. Then open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and do the same. Close the registry Editor. This should have done the trick and got rid on Norton for you. DO NOT at this stage do anything with the exported registry. Leave this folder for several days until you are positive that you have not made any errors. Should anything NOT be running right on your computer, double click this folder and select Re-merge, this will return things to the previous settings.

Major Disaster 13:35 02 Aug 05

Thankyou for your reply i really appreciate the time you took to make it, thanks, extremely helpful

Jackcoms 13:41 02 Aug 05

Will this help? click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…