Norton Protected Recycle Bin

jonpep 10:14 05 Jun 04

I have loads of files in this protected recycle bin and trying to delete them, can anyone remember how to do this. I have about 1500 files and want to make some space. Please help if you can!

shazza65 10:22 05 Jun 04

Right click on the bin and click "Empty Norton Protected Files".

Mister Splendid 10:23 05 Jun 04

Go into Norton utilities options. Click the Norton protected tab. There will see a button marked Empty recycle bin, click that.

MartinT-B 11:19 05 Jun 04

If you right click the bin you have a few options:

Open, Explore, Unerase Wizard, Empty Norton Protected Files, Empty recycle bin.

Usually the default action (in Bold) is Unerase Wizard. This means that double-left clicking the bin will take you straight into the unerase Wizard so you can restore files. Which for me is a bore.

Open you Norton System works -> Click the Options drop down box -> choose Norton Utilities. -> click the Recycle bin tab -> put a check next to Standard Recycle Bin.

Next time you open the bin you'll get the old-fashioned window wherein you can either restore or permanently delete the items.

You can still access the extra options by right clicking.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…