Kibo Kid 20:24 11 Jun 03

First I had problems downloading NIS 2003 Pro upgrade while I was abroad, then again with XP SP1 after I had done a reformat.
Now my home office PC is gi=ving problems. This has NIS Family Edition 2001, then NIS 2002. The NAV component was replaced by NAV 2003 Professional late last year.
Last night I upgraded the OS from 98 to XP Pro.

Today I tried to uninstall NAV 2003 so I could reinstall it under XP. I also uninstalled the NIS applications.

Now I get the following message whenever I try to run or reinstall NAV (I did a rollback just now for NIS, but that application is scrambled!):

Error 1606
Could not access network location
"::\Desktop & Settings\All Users\Desktop"

Installation ended prematurely beacuse of an error

Now I cannot run any Norton, cannot reinstall and when I tried to install McAfee (via a colleague who has just bought it, but not yet installed it), McAfee won't install beacuase of the presence of Norton!

My PC is unportected, except via the ISP's scanning service.

How can I eliminate all traces of Norton products? What's the name of that utility which seems to do this?

Kibo Kid

JoeC 20:27 11 Jun 03

and download the Rnis tool to remove it. There is also a Rnav tool for Norton Antivirus. Once done, check your registry for anything Norton. : }

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…