Norton Problem

Nuneatonian 14:52 06 Jan 08

Hello
I am first of all sick of my new computer. Wish I hadn't bought the thing, but had no choice because I have nothing but problems with it.
It went completely wrong again today and it went through a fix it program. I noticed then when I went on the web my Norton auto protect was off.
I went into the norton centre and clicked on the auto protect to get it working again and it won't turn on again. I might add at the moment I am on a free trial untill next month. I did buy a disc for when it runs out. What the hell is going on? I did a restore but it did not restore anything on the computer so I am stuck. I am unprotected on the web, mail etc at the moment.
Any help out there please?
I am up to my eyes with this blinking machine!
There is a lot I cannot do, still can't get MSN Messenger as it won't download fully
Thank you
Nuneatonian

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:58 06 Jan 08

Make, model, operating system all will help?

If is new and you have problems why not take it back?

sunny staines 15:03 06 Jan 08

when th auto protection gets disabled

try

1] reboot

or

2] goto norton web and run fixit tool.

or

3] delete norton via control panel, reboot then reinstall norton.

p;3 16:16 06 Jan 08

if it is under warranty? take it back to the store from whence you got it ;
(unfortunately most if not all new machines come preloaded WITH the dear norton whether you want it or , most probably ,NOT )

(OR; quit the Norton altogether; its 'reputation ' for being an unsatisfactory antivirus program normally preceeds the machine and one assumes you are not aware OF Nortons' 'reputation?'

if you wish, use the norton removal tool to get rid OF the norton

click here
then select a good FREE antivirus program such as avast
click here

or
avg7.5
click here)

suggest if it IS still under warranty (?)get it back to the store for them to sort it ?

Nuneatonian 11:39 07 Jan 08

Hello
I bought the thing in November and not very happy with it. I needed a new computer as my old one packed up. My daughter needed a computer for her college work so I bought this (November 4th). Packard Bell IMEDIA J2412
completely new system to my old with vista and lots of things already loaded into it including norton. I was advised to buy norton by the staff in currys, I decided to use the pre installed norton first to get 90 days free. I have not bought a warranty thing but a few days ago currys sent me a form for me to apply and was thinking about it. Should I contact Currys or Packard Bell. At the time I just couldn't afford the extra £150 for the warranty. I did buy the computer with a credit card, thought this would be safer than cash. Should I be covered for a refund or a repair or replacement. Would I have to clear the computer because it does have confidential things in it. Also daughters work for college.
Nuneatonian
I'm too much used to ME and floppy disks!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…