//some 3rd party need geo

Norton Personal Firewall

dawsonc 10:22 27 Nov 05

I am having problems in that every time I start my machine the Firewall is disabled. This is despite having the "Start Norton Personal Firewall At system start up " check box ticked. Every time I go back to it, the Manual box is checked and subsequently Norton did not start itself up. Any ideas on how I can rectify this ?

kalstras 11:59 27 Nov 05

try unistalling and reinstalling norton, that usually does the trick

dawsonc 18:48 27 Nov 05

Thanks for your help. It seems to have worked.

dawsonc 15:48 29 Nov 05

Well it seemed to work for a day, and now, when I reboot, once again, the Firewall has been disabled. Any other ideas ?

Klof Ron 16:25 29 Nov 05

This is advice I usually cringe at when I see requests for advice with Norton Products, because I know you want advice regarding that product but you may be well served by considering other products such as AVG, Kerrio and others. I stuck with Norton through thick and thin, for 8 years, updating each year, and after suffering all the trials and tribulations such as the one you are experiencing now, and in the end I admitted defeat and purchased AVG Pro with Integrated Firewall, an all in one solution that works seamlessly. You can also get a freeware version, the decision to purchase was mine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…