norton personal firewall

middleroom 00:41 24 Dec 03

When i tried to install n.p.f to supplement nav03,i received error message 1402 Could not write to hkey local machine shared tech nisl. I looked up the error on M.Soft K.Base which instructed that I check various permissions (myself being the administrator having full control of the keys)within the registry editor. Also to uncheck one box and check the remainding box in advanced edit settings. I am a bit worried about changing anything. Should I create a system restore point? Do I need to back up any files?
Or do I forget n.p.f and stick with ZA, which I have had no problems with.
I think I have already answered myself?

gold 47 01:46 24 Dec 03

You have to uninstall Zone alarm first then do a search for any remaining Zone alarm files you didn't say what you have done here,in my view for what it's worth Zone alarm is better Norton products seem to take over your computer.

middleroom 08:57 24 Dec 03

Thanks gold 47 for your comments. I uninstalled Zone Alarm before and searched for remaining files as you pointed out. This came up with 3 files but I could only delete 1 of them, so i proceeded.

VoG II 09:10 24 Dec 03

click here for instructions on how to completely remove Zone Alarm.

middleroom 09:53 24 Dec 03

thanks vog

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…