Norton is pants

gecko1001 10:38 31 Jan 06

I have had to do two reinstalls on two computers in the last 6 months and on both it has taken me several attempts to get Norton Internet security to install, I am trying to get it back onto my laptop now and it just will not install.

I have got to change AV for sure, any recomedations!

SG Atlantis® 10:44 31 Jan 06

avg free
zone alarm
microsoft antispyware
ad-aware se
javacool's spywareblaster
spybot search and destroy

all freebies and more than you'll ever ever ever NEED.

Strawballs 10:47 31 Jan 06

You could go for the usual free one's that get recomended on this AVG, Avast, etc I use AVG on one of mine or I use McAfee on my main machine which I find very good (only anti virus and firewall not the whole internet suite I found the rest a bit resource hungry)

SB23 10:51 31 Jan 06

I agree with SG Atlantis®, apart from avg, I use Avast as it updates without intervention from me. I use all the others fortnightly.

ventanas 10:57 31 Jan 06

Couldn't agree more, get rid of it. If you have problems removing, and you probably will click here

SB23 apologies if I'm wrong, but are you using both avg and Avast. If so they are sure to clash and cause you many problems. I suggest getting rid of one if you do have both installed.

SG Atlantis® 11:12 31 Jan 06

avg updates on it's own.

As soon as I start up my computer AVG updates and the window telling you that it has updated successfully appears.

barryg 12:07 31 Jan 06

is the biggest load of rubbish known to man I have had a continuing key problem with them which they couldn't give a damn about, and refuse to refund my money.

Gringo2005 14:41 31 Jan 06

Have been using Norton 2003 for 2 years without any major problems!!

Tried Norton 2004 last year which came with new motherboard and it caused so many problems I uninstalled within 2 days and reverted to 2003

New build with XP pro and Norton 2006 about a month ago and no problems with that so far, very pleased with it

You guys configuring it properly.....

;-)

ade.h 14:45 31 Jan 06

I use NOD32 and Avast and they don't clash at all.

They are on seperate computers.....

Perhaps that's what SB23 meant.

vinnyT 16:20 31 Jan 06

I think what SB23 meant was that he agreed with everything on the list given by SG Atlantis® except for avg, as he prefers to use avast.

Gongoozler 16:29 31 Jan 06

I used Norton for a few years and found it OK, but when the annual renewal fee went up to almost the cost of buying new, I decided to try Avast. I've been using that for a few years now and found it at least as good as Norton. When I installed Avast on the computer of a friend who's Norton subscription was about to expire it immediately found a trojan that Norton had missed!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…