NORTON (Non-viral Threats Detected)

Legslip 11:55 06 Apr 05

On completion of a virus check it states "Norton Antivirus has detected the following non-viral threats". "To learn about the threat click on the threat name". It then identifies three Adware items (NDNuninstall6 3, trickler3103 pic and woinstall.exe). I have run Spybot and AdAware but they are still shown afterwards by Norton. It asks if I want to exclude them. Does this mean that they remain on my system but just do not show up on the next check?
Are they serious items and how can I get rid of 'em?

powerless 12:09 06 Apr 05

** Does this mean that they remain on my system but just do not show up on the next check? **

Your best bet is to run HijackThis...

click here

click here

gudgulf 12:37 06 Apr 05

Try running Adaware from safe mode it should remove a few more things or does Norton quarantine them? If so you can probably delete them from there.

As far as I can tell NDNuninstall6 is just the leftover uninstaller for NewDotNet (probably removed by your antimalware progs) so is not a direct threat.The other two appear to be spyware.All three can be deleted.....if Adaware does not shift them in safemode you can manually delete them ( whilst still in safemode).

BRYNIT 13:07 06 Apr 05

Norton may tell you where these files are. I had this message once and found the files were in my Temp internet file

BRYNIT 13:08 06 Apr 05

Didn't finish once found i just deleted them.

Legslip 15:42 06 Apr 05

Well as Norton showed the filepaths I have deleted them in Win Explorer. Don't know if this is the best fix. Will have to wait and find out.

BRYNIT 21:53 06 Apr 05

You will now if this has fixed the problem when you do another scan with Norton.

Legslip 10:54 07 Apr 05

Dead right. Scanned with Norton and now not showing. Hooray!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 Plus review: better cameras and waterproofing make this the best iPhone yet

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

iPhone vs Android | iOS vs Android: 5 reasons why Apple's iPhones beat Google Android smartphones ()…