Norton on new laptop

Graham. 12:04 31 Aug 08

My friend has the inevitable Norton trial on his new laptop, which he wants to dump. As he hasn't used it, should the Removal tool click here be used?

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:28 31 Aug 08

I have always uninstalled it from add/remove programmes without any bother but he can use the removal tool.

G

ened 12:32 31 Aug 08

My wife had Macafee on her laptop and I did the same as GANDALF <|:-)> and then did a search for any odd bits and pieces left behind.

Graham. 12:33 31 Aug 08

Thanks, both. I will pass it on.

Taff™ 13:00 31 Aug 08

I find that the best method is to accept the trial offer when prompted and install it - then remove it via Add/Remove. Otherwise the trial version keeps offering to install itself on top of your chosen AV.

ambra4 13:48 31 Aug 08

Let him download this program it will and remove ALL trail ware programs that you don’t want

click here

McAfee free trial, Office 2007, Google Desktop, AOL, Google Side Bar, Norton Free Trial etc

and any other crap ware that have been install on the laptop as only using up hard drive space

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…