Norton....to NAV or not to NAV..

spanneress 18:55 05 Aug 04

I have always been a Norton fan, own NIS2004, NAV 2002 & 3 and recommend and install it on many many customer PC's..however..the problems (whilst making me lots of money) are repetitive and ongoing..I have now given in (following recommendations from fellow wizards on this site)..binned it off my machines and put avast on.

Is this merely a blip in Symantecs' performance for the meantime or can anyone tell me if the status quo is likely to continue...I hate to recommend products to my customers which then have them call me out again and charge more money..that is bad Juju...

Dan the Confused 19:45 05 Aug 04

I used NAV2001 for 3 years with no problems at all. I then tried the NAV2004 trial version which worked ok but was too slow and resource hungry for my (low spec) system. As a result, I now use AVG and it is great. I see no reason for buying AV software when there is so much quality free AV software around.

spanneress 19:48 05 Aug 04

Hmmm. I loaded and used my 2002 NAV on many PC's but that is playing up terribly now, the NIS 2004 has been a nightmare..whether bought on CD or downloaded from web..clashes with previously installed versions, then firewalls, then Outlook / Express etc etc...

sattman 19:51 05 Aug 04

I have not noticed any problems with Norton at this time What is this blip?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…